Strawbérry Méringué Roll
- 75g strawbérries
- 25g castér sugar
- 4 égg whites
- 225g castér sugar
- 1 téaspoon corn flour
- 1 téaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 téaspoon icing sugar
- Pink food coloring*
- 300g strawbérries, 200g coarsely chopped, 100g, halved
- 1 tabléspoon cordial elderflower
- 1 tabléspoon icing sugar
- 300 ml double créam
- Squirty créam, to serve
- Place thé strawberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar boils and dissolves. Remove from heat and pass through a fine sieve, then set aside to cool.
- Preheat thé oven to 160 ° C, fan 140 ° C, gas 3. Line a Swiss baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the égg whites into firm peaks in the bowl of a stand mixer, then gradually add the sugar until a smooth and shiny mixture is obtained. Stir in cornstarch and vinegar.
- Divide the meringué in three. Leave a white bowl then color the second light pink bowl and the third bowl a slightly darker pink.
- Add the meringué in thirds along the mold then spread the meringue evenly. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes then leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Put a large sheet of parchment paper on the work surface and sprinkle with icing sugar. Flip the meringue over the paper and peel off the liner, then let cool.
- Mix the coarsély chopped strawberries with the elderflower cordial and whip the cream with the icing sugar until it is firm enough. Spread meringue with cream, leaving a 2 cm border free along a short side. Sprinkle the coulis on top of the cream and swirl in the cream with a cocktail stick. Distribute the strawberries evenly on the chilled cream to decorate the top.
- Using thé paper to help you, roll the meringue like a Swiss roll, towards the short side without cream. Leave the meringue wrapped in its paper and put in the refrigerator to firm 2 hours before serving.
- To servé, unpack the meringue and transfer to a serving dish. Pour cream over the top of the meringue and garnish with strawberries cut in half. Serve in slices.
- The recipé from, Click here
- To find out about other recipés, Click here